March 14, 2011

"15"

This was for an independent studio class that I took last semester, which is basically just me working with one professor on big projects. I made wall of these portraits as a SORT OF memorial, but not really. I know nothing about the people I have drawn, except that they're all dead. I won't be honoring their lives, just presenting them. The point is that no one will ever know who they were, and the only thing they'll have to go by are the representations I've provided of them, which themselves are ephemeral, since it's done on paper towels. Not meant to last long, just like everyone else. I want people to look at the diversity of people on the wall and be able to relate to someone, then eventually see themselves and our impermanence. It's really morbid and depressing, yeah, but just something I've needed to make for a while. Blah, blah.







3 comments:

maryvangils said...

Lav baaaabies

oh look, stars! said...

these are pretty awesome, description makes it even better (:

Sydney said...

awesomeeee. the baby is very cute