June 8, 2011

Last Spring semester before PAFA

So I'm done with this school, and this is the work that I think stood out from my last semester here.

Kyllies:

I took over a hundred photos of my friend doing these weird visceral motions with her body and drew them on top of each other to see how they'd look. I wanted to capture something innate in her without it being about her face, but more of her body language.





And this one I never properly finished. It's still really rough and nowhere near where I want it to be, but I don't see myself working on it anytime soon:



Missing People:

This kind of echoes the idea behind the obituary drawings, but the people featured here are all from a missing persons archive. They're drawn on with ink.



Sculpture:

Okay, so this one just kind of evolved after this drawing that I had done in the beginning of the semester. It's an abstracted plastic bag on a stick and I don't really want to explain it further than that:

1 comment:

Lauren Emily said...

You're so talented, wow!
Love your blog<3
-Lauren xoxo
pretty-things-a-n-d-polka-dots.blogspot.co.uk